7.14.2010

Summer in Florida -

You live for that brief crispness after a storm when it feels almost-cool on the breeze. There are brief flashes in your mind of a leaves changing color and feeling chilly in your Halloween costume. Then you realize fall barely happens here and that summer should be enjoyed in all its lingering glory.

I love those storms that don’t quite clear the air, too though, and that leave the afternoon warm and muggy (as opposed to hot and muggy). Call me crazy but I do enjoy the humidity…I don’t think I’d do well in the desert.

Walking down the sidewalk, you pass an overripe mango that fell to the ground and is perfuming the air with a musky tropical sugar smell. And you take your flip-flops off to walk through the puddles because, who wants to walk in wet shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment