1.12.2010

Valentine’s Day is coming!

I’m a little early, I know, but I’ve been making Valentines for my Etsy shop so I am in the spirit of the holiday… Though the roots of Saint Valentine’s Day are a bit fuzzy (the name is one of several martyrs of ancient Rome, and none were associated with the lovey-dovey we are familiar with today) I still think it’s a great opportunity to express love to those in your life. Romans celebrated the festival of Lupercalia, during which men would draw the names of women out an urn to select a companion for the year…precursor to online dating? Hmm… Then there are stories that February 14 is the day on which birds began to mate – LOVE BIRDS! Send a Valentine to someone you love – a family member, a boyfriend, a girlfriend, old friend, husband, wife…you get the picture. Love is beautiful in all its forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment